While there are certainly some pets that successfully run on a person treadmill, we advise a dog treadmill for the safety and comfort of your animal(s).
Dog Treadmills, such as the PetRun brand have the following advantages over person treadmills:
Since pups run on 4 legs, not 2, they in most cases need a much longer walking surface to harmlessly run without a chance of falling off the treadmill. Dog treadmills come with a variety of belt sizes to accommodate any pup.
Dog treadmills are designed with the strides of your canine in mind, and are therefore more firm as they walk. An animal running on a person treadmill might observe the machines instability (shaking while they run ) and cease walking .
Nearly all models of dog treadmills have some version of side fencing in order to keep your dog on the treadmill and moving in the right route.
PetRun Dog Treadmills specifically have a very low step on height. This eases the transition from walking on the grass to walking on the treadmill.
When beginning training an animal to use the treadmill, it is important to start the belt advancing as slowly as possible. PetRun treadmills can run as slow as .5 MPH, where as most standard treadmills start at 1.0 MPH.
Dog treadmills are by and large less noisy than human treadmills, so your dog won’t get scared off from the loud sounds.
Learn more about dog treadmills.
- Review Treadmills & Read Many Treadmill Reviews Before Buying One of them
- Compare Treadmills & Go through Many Treadmill Reviews Prior To Purchasing One of them
- What is a Manual Treadmill and Why Would You Require One?
- Treadmills Critique: The Life Fitness Platinum Series Treadmill with Engage Console
- Do A Comparison Of Treadmills And Browse All Treadmill Reviews Before Getting One
Author: JamieGreenbergThis author has published 4 articles so far. More info about the author is coming soon.